Amongst those who attended last week were representatives of the Police, Payback team, London Fire brigade & Council. The purpose of the session was to identify specific issues that are contributing a crime and ASB.
We started at an area that I have previously mentioned on the blog before, namely the end of the alley near New Road.
One thing mooted was radically cutting the hedges down. Were this to happen, I did ask whether ecological issues would be considered. If you have any feedback, please let me know.
I was pleased to hear that responsibility was not far more clear for this area and again reported the overgrowth around the streetlight:
Whilst not relevant to the purpose of the session, the grass cutting at the Glebelands continues to be excellent:
Various apparatus that no longer serve any purpose will be removed. For example:
Summary of actions:
- Cost up the removal of the hedge (alleyway leading to Feltham BR Station)
- Determine who owns Boundary fence to the opposite side of riverway for graffiti removal
- Removal of 2x sports cages
- Removal of container within the running track
- Various Visibility-Splays
The actions will be reviewed next month.