I have received a complaint about bollards placed around the green between numbers 17 & 43. In addition, a number came to the surgery yesterday morning that was covered by Gill Hutchison. I had half an hour to pop around so did so.
Here is what I saw:
On the positive side:
- The bollards are less intrusive than other bollards I have seen;
- They will serve the intended purpose in preventing people from driving over the green.
On the negative side:
- I would have preferred that Hounslow Homes had consulted tenants and residents;
- There is certainly a parking problem at this location, some of the reasons for this are typical and some are specific to this location;
- I am concerned about the lack of access for emergency vehicles. I was informed that refuse was not collected for four weeks because of a lack of access – unfortunately no-one mentioned this to me until yesterday.
Typically Hounslow Homes does not support removing grassed areas for more parking and I understand the reasons why – I have never been critical. I also understand the difficulty that Hounslow Homes are in for they (and we as local Councillors) do receive complaints about people driving over the grassed areas. It is a very difficult situation.
However, there are some issues here and I hope that there is a solution that protects the green but also enables access without removing much needed parking capacity.
On my way there, I picked up the following:
Potholes outside 122 Hounslow Road, Feltham
Outside number 1:
There were more outside numbers 19, 21, 115 & 117.
Pothole between 23 & 45 Cygnet Avenue: